A bunch of interviews happened last weekend at PAX with Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida and Sound Director Masayoshi Soken. Our friends over at GamerEscape and MMORPG.com happened to be included in those interviews, and came out of it with some awesome news about future content of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Here’s what we know so far.
- Good King Moogle Mog will returning as a boss fight. More than likely he will be accessible through the duty finder. Please look forward to it.
- A new difficulty for Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan fights will be added in this patch as well. They haven’t quite decided if they’ll call them hard, super, ultra, extreme, or any other awesome intense name. I can see it now. “Ifrit, for real this time”.
- Two hard level dungeons and the Crystal Tower, a 24-man raid dungeon, will be added.
- Also new Hildibrand quests and FATEs are being added. If you didn’t know, Hildibrand was a comic relief NPC from version 1.0. He has his own… unique sense of humor.
- The Wolves Den, a 4v4 and 8v8 arena will be opening in this patch. You can travel to it by boat from Lower La Noscea, and to enter the arena you must use the Duty Finder.
- And lastly, Mists, the La Noscea player housing region will be unlocked in 2.1. Houses are available to Free Companies and individual players for a monetary value.
- New Primal fights will be introduced. Yoshida stated that they will be “ones that new players haven’t even imagined.”
- Either Leviathan, Shiva or Ramuh will be in 2.2. It has yet to be revealed which one, but they all seem like fun fights and fun stories to flesh out!
- Gilgamesh might make an appearance as a boss fight in either 2.2 or 2.3.
- It is possible that Free Companies will have the ability to summon their own Primal (FATE?) battles in this patch. No concrete details have been announced though. If not 2.2 then possibly 2.3.
- Patch 2.3 is the target release for the Golden Saucer! The reason they haven’t revealed much about it is because they are currently busy working on it. They are hoping to have at least 3 mini games available before they release it into the game. Yoshida says perhaps a card game, a mini game, or a snowboarding game. I’d love to snowboard down Coerthas with my Lalafell!
- It has also been confirmed that the first draft of the first expansion has been submitted! Obviously there is a lot of work to be done, but at least they are planning for the future!
What do you guys want to see in the future as far as content patches and expansions go? Let us know in the comment section below.